- Chicken (legs and wings, e.g., 2 pound package of 8)
- Soy sauce
- White vinegar
- Garlic cloves (minced, 1 clove for every 2 pieces of chicken)
- 2 tbsp peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- Put chicken in large pot.
- Cover chicken with equal mixture (one-to-one) of soy sauce and vinegar.
- Add garlic, peppercorns, and bay leaves.
- Cover and put in refrigerator to marinate, preferably overnight.
- Move to stove and simmer uncovered on low for at least two hours, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with steamed rice.